Maintenance is not about fixing things but about not having to fix things. A lot of fabricators do not understand it. They usually do not like interrupting their production, thinking it will affect the total outcome.
When the proper maintenance is ignored, the equipment can stop working anytime if pushed beyond limits. So, having a maintenance schedule is better and saving your business from unplanned costs. Regular maintenance can lower the failure of a machine. Regular replacements of spare parts and cleaning can take you a long way.
Here are some points you need to take care of to maintain the laser machine:
- Daily Maintenance
- Always check the pressure of laser gas and cutting gas before turning on the machine. You must replace it if the gas pressure is not enough.
- Check the alignment of the X, Y, and Z-axis, and none of the screws should be loose.
- Check the water level in the chiller. You should refill it if it is not sufficient.
- After the end of the day, check the focus lens for damage. If you find any, replace them with new ones. You can easily find Amanda parts and trumpf parts online. Their spare parts must be of good quality so that you never have to compromise with the quality of cuts.
- Clean the waste on the machine after completing daily work and also clean the surroundings. None of the parts of the machine should have any debris, or else it can damage the machine in the long run.
- Maintenance of Optical Path Lens
- You should not touch the surface of the optical lens directly with bare hands. It can cause scratches on the surface of the lens.
- You must not clean the lens with water or detergent. It can damage the film on its surface.
- Clean with rubbing alcohol and muslin cloth. If your lens is damaged, you can contact the service department to repair it. Using damaged lenses can accelerate the damage to the repairable lens.
- Proper Installation of Optical Lens
- Before installing the lens, you must ensure that you are wearing clean clothes, that your hands are properly sanitized, and you are wearing clean gloves.
- Lenses shouldn’t be touched with bare hands.
- While removing the lens, hold it from the side so that you do not touch its surface.
- While mounting the lens to the holder, extreme force should not be applied as it might deform the lens and affect the quality of the laser beam.
- Use a spray gun to remove dust on the mirror surface.
- Lastly, use an air spray gun to clean the lens and free it from dust or foreign particles.
- Maintenance of Water Chiller
- It is important for the chiller to work properly to ensure the laser machine is working in good condition.
- You must clean the heat sink and condenser regularly.
- Check the water levels in the tank regularly. If the water levels are low, you can add deionized water to it.
- Check the electrical terminals and remove the dust.
- Clean the impurities in the filter regularly. If there is any damage to the filter, it should be replaced immediately.
- Maintenance of Air Compressor
- Before you start the maintenance process, the compressed air in the storage tank must be drained.
- Clean the air filters every 15 days.
- You can replace the filters every 1200 hours of operation.
- Replace the valve disc if necessary.
- Maintenance of Air Dryer
- Depending on the air’s humidity, you must drain the air and water 3 to 7 times in the refrigeration dryer.
- Clean the air filters every month.
- You must remove and clean the cooling fins of the air condenser once a month.
- Every six months, replace the air filters.
- Maintenance of Regulated Power Supply
- Every month all the connection terminals in the regulator and the main circuit must be tightened.
- You must check the elasticity of the sliding carbon brush every three months. Use the dry compressed air to blow dust adhered to the components in the regulator.
It is important to keep maintenance as a priority and not compromise. Not all the steps discussed above will fit all metal fabricators, but they will help you maintain your laser machine. If you do not have any maintenance plans, this article will help you make one. Along with maintenance, if you ever change the spare parts, ensure the brand; generally Amada parts are of good quality. Using good quality spare parts will last longer and provide good quality laser cuts. You can buy good quality Amada laser parts, trumpf laser parts, etc. online.